The US 41 Project: special features
|This project is one of Wisconsin’s largest ever road construction projects. And WisDOT is going to make sure it’s also one of the best. The new US 41 look will feature the latest in design and technology.
- Roundabouts – The most modern form of intersection in the U.S.
- 40 total – 24 in Brown County and 16 in Winnebago County
- Reduce fatal crashes by 90 percent
- Reduce crashes with injuries by 76 percent
- Reduce pedestrian crashes 30-40 percent
- Community sensitive design
- Aesthetic appearance of retaining walls, bridges and sound barriers
- Designs that reflect and complement surrounding communities
- Use of open space to visually link natural areas adjoining the highway corridor